New Plugin: Ajax notification of new activity stream records
Just a simple plugin that will check every 2 minutes for a new parent activity stream record.
A few gotchas
– does not check for activity comments
– does not return a # of new activities
– user must be logged in (save your server)
– polls every 2 minutes (save your server)
It should work on the following pages: main activity, group activity, profile activity (and the subnavs – just-me, friends, groups, mentions). (plus use of the dropdown filter)
BUT – it took some weird figuring out on how to reconstruct the has_activity loop arguments (either what is passed in from the page or the ajax querystring). It will read the ajax-object-cookies and rebuild the loop query – so if you have multiple tabs open it will probably pick up the last filter/params used.
- The topic ‘New Plugin: Ajax notification of new activity stream records’ is closed to new replies.