oEmbed for BP 0.6-beta available!
*** UPDATE (09/27/11): BuddyPress 1.5 is out and includes a lot of the new code I was writing for my plugin. I’m currently juggling a few things that are taking priority over working on the plugin. It will be released when it’s released! ***
*** UPDATE (02/24/11): This is an old beta. I’m currently rewriting the plugin. New version will be out when BP 1.3 drops. There might be a RC version before then. ***
A public beta is now available:
It’s pretty much stable as I’ve had a few people testing it.
* Changed oEmbed caching logic for performance reasons (thanks apeatling)
* Added support for WP non-oEmbed handlers (more info can be found [here](http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_embed_register_handler))
* Added partial support for resizing embed items based on component (more info can be found in the “Other Notes” section)
* Added support for group descriptions and profile fields (disabled by default)
* Added support to whitelist an embed link so it stays as a link (more info can be found in the “Other Notes” section)
* Added support to remove oEmbed cache when a forum post is deleted
* Added support for other plugin developers to utilize the plugin
* Added a CSS class around embedded item for theme designers
* Added transparent background to flash content by default
* Fixed fatal error if the activity, forum or group components were disabled (thanks dcservices for reporting)
* Fixed embed bug where both an @mention + an embed link was used in the same update, the embed link would break (thanks sicksight for reporting)
* Fixed issue where hyperlinking an embeddable link and inputting the same link in plain text would output the embedded item multiple times
As noted in the changelog, the main new features are resizing of content and support for group descriptions and profile fields.
**Please view the readme.txt for full details on how to enable these features**
- The topic ‘oEmbed for BP 0.6-beta available!’ is closed to new replies.