Reinstall Forum from Group to Sitewide
Originally I installed forum in a per group mode. I found the topic organization to be confusing in the group mode, and so now I would like to reinstall the forum with the site-wide option. How do I do this?
I’ve tried to use the graphic interface to uninstall groups and install sitewide – but that didnt work, the group forum would continued to get re-enabled.
So here is what I’ve done so far:
1) I’ve deleted from the database all the tables related to the bbpress.
2) I’ve deleted the bb-config from the root.
3) I’ve edited the group-metadata and group tables to remove references to forum.
4) I’ve deleted the bbpress plugin from the file system.
5) I’ve edited the Settings/Forums to not use groups.
So now after trying to purge all remnants of the forum and then trying to reinstall it – I no longer have a functional forum.
In BuddyPres/Forums, I see the button that says “install site-wide forum” but when I click on it I see a message that the latest version is already installed.
When I try to view my forum, I get a blank page:
When I try to view a new topic, I get the following error:
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_get_id_from_slug() in /nas/wp/www/staging/bhaktiwriters/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bp-forums-functions.php on line 137″
I’m playing with this on a staging site, so I can demolish everything and start from the point of a working group-forum.
So, any idea how I can convert from group-forum to site-wide-forum? I don’t care about loosing data.
- The topic ‘Reinstall Forum from Group to Sitewide’ is closed to new replies.