WP E-Commerce Recurring Payment – is PayPal changing the Return Link?
I’m having problems with WPSC where the customer is returned automatically (by PayPal) to a different URL than I’ve passed to PayPal. This is for a recurring billing product (so the Gold Cart and Membership upgrades are installed). Everything is up-to-date.
The Transaction Results page gives me the same error as a number of others have received “Sorry your transaction was not accepted.”, even though the transaction was successful. From a quick look at the debug page, I’ve come up with the link sent to PayPal (as the ‘return’ variable):
Return Variable (the link WPSC sent to PayPal):
(this looks okay – it has the sessionid and gateway variables)
Here’s the URL actually returned by PayPal, as seen in my browser URL bar:
(no longer has the variables passed to PayPal via the form)
…later I added the sessionid variable (manually typing it in the URL bar – at the end of the URL), and it worked perfectly, displaying the information on the purchase as it should.
So here’s the issue, as I see it:
– WPSC sent a properly formatted return URL to PayPal
– PayPal took the URL and for whatever reason stripped all variables, then added its own variables (sessionid, form_charset)
– this wasn’t recognized by WPSC when it came back to the /transaction-results/ page.
– it made me stay up quite late on Friday
Can anyone explain why this is happening?
- The topic ‘WP E-Commerce Recurring Payment – is PayPal changing the Return Link?’ is closed to new replies.