Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

child theme background – repeate image, then a fixed image, then repeate again?

• nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

Hi for my background I would like to have a image repeate on x, then have a fixed image and then a repeate image on x again? Would I have to create a whole new theme or can I somehow achieve this in the ccs of the child theme?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

It would look like this as an example but obveously this wont work
    body {
    background: #eaeaea url( ../images/background.gif ) top left repeat-x, url(../images/backgroundShine.jpg), #eaeaea url( ../images/background.gif ) top left repeat-x;

Inactive

Just so you know, using multiple background does not work in all browsers and is buggy in others.

Here is a good guide:
    http://helephant.com/2009/11/css3-multiple-background-images/

nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

@dennis_h so would you suggest I create like a 3 div layout and give the left and the right the repeated image with the center div containing the fixed image?

nvm, reading the tut u said, they have backwards comparability.. Its not the end of the world if the fixed image isn’t there so ta.

regards

nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

@dennis_h I tried posting on the adobe forum but its giving me some error, really over adobe customer support..

If I wanted the images to display on x, backgroundrepeat.jpg repeated then backgroundcenter with a fixed size/centered and the backgroundrepeat.jpg repeated.. How would I achieve this, I think I am meant to declare the width the center image but this is boggeling my mind. Any idea’s?

body {
    background: url( ../images/backgroundrepeat.jpg ) repeat-x left;
    background: url( ../images/backgroundrepeat.jpg ) repeat-x left ,
    url( ../images/backgroundcenter.jpg ) 0 0 no-repeat,
    url( ../images/backgroundrepeat.jpg ) repeat-x right;

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘child theme background – repeate image, then a fixed image, then repeate again?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar