Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Restricting privileges

• Karen Zook
    Participant

@karenzook

I’m having some trouble getting going (I just posted for some help in the “getting started” forum), but I’m trying to figure out how to implement something once my links actually point anywhere.

I’m an educator, setting up this site for my students. I used to use Ning, and I’m trying to replicate some of that functionality; it might just be that BP isn’t quite the right way to go about doing this, or it needs to be implemented in a different way.

Essentially, what I’m trying to do is something like this: uconnlatin.ning.com. The way I have it set up is with prominently-displayed areas for me to post homework/announcements; they have access to the forum (and, with BP, could have their own blogs), but those entries wouldn’t show up with the same prominence mine do.

As I said above, I’m having trouble getting BP implemented in the first place, so this might be really easy to do once I get underway, but I’m just not sure. What settings/extensions/tweaks would I need to make this work?

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Karen Zook
    Participant

@karenzook

Oops, my apologies, I left out some info. I’m running WP 3.1 with BP as the only active plugin, and currently using the default BP theme. My main site is at classicalfieldwork.com; the BP site is at uconnlatin.classicalfieldwork.com.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Restricting privileges’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar