Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Activation Email not being sent

• InsomniAK
    Participant

@insomniak

I setup a new WP 3.0 / BP 1.2.5.2 install and all users that try to create accounts can enter their data and at the end get to the avatar upload screen. BTW, there doesn’t seem to be a way to bypass that screen and just say “I’m done”. It’s not really clear at what point the signup process is complete.

None of the visitors have been able to login since they aren’t getting an activation email. I don’t see any settings for mail server so I’m assuming it’s trying to use sendmail? I did stumble on a page that has a listing for mail server finally (not post by email) and I put valid account info in there but still no dice… am I missing a page in the install manual?

I also don’t see any way to manually “activate” a user.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You have to edit the database to manually activate a new user. BP will use whatever mail server settings you have configured PHP for, which may well be sendmail.

InsomniAK
    Participant

@insomniak

I’m happy to delete all the new users since they shouldn’t be here yet anyway :-) But I still can’t get any email to send outbound. I used the same host / setup with Joomla with no issues… Is there no way in WP/BP to see the email setup? To tell it to try sendmail or to use a specific SMTP server? That seems like huge missing feature???

Scott
    Participant

@digitaldance

Help?!?!?! I am having the same problem except once a new user the hits “Submit Query” (which why does it say that anyway rather than register?) it just comes back to the same page with no error message. I am running WPMU 3.0BP 1.2.5.2. Everything was working fine. I’m not sure if it was the upgrade or a plug-in I installed, or some stupid error I made. I note that the last person who registered was 5 days ago. I am very new at the program and do not know yet how to code (but trying to learn!) I’ve dug all over, but can’t seem to figure it out. I am presenting the site at a conference for a school project, and now it suddenly stopped working! I am a broke grad student, but if someone can help me out, I can throw a few bucks their way if they can help me get it fixed before Saturday! The site is http://www.impacollective.org . I can be reached to chat or email at digitaldance007 @yahoo.com . PLEASE HELP!!!! :)

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

If you’re on BlueHost, there have been issues with the email being sent.

You can try the proposed solution listed here.

InsomniAK
    Participant

@insomniak

I installed the “Mail From” plugin and it’s working now.. Hosting company is “HostMonster” which is part of a parent company that owns, Powweb and a number of others, possilby BlueHost as well…

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Cool, glad that worked for you!

mzrvlt
    Participant

@mzrvlt

Thanks InsomniAK, it works for me. (Hosting company is “HostMonster”)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Activation Email not being sent’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar