Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Avatar Crop Tool Only Shows A Portion Of Avatar

• I’m using WPMU 2.9.2, BP 1.2.4.1 and a child theme of Buddymatic. I’m having a problem with the avatar crop tool. When I upload an avatar, I get two image boxes. The left is the picture I uploaded and it’s 80×80. It has the crop box inside with the handlebars and works OK. The other image box on the right had the “cropped” image and it’s about 150×150. However, it only shows a small portion of the top left of my uploaded image. Even if I expand the crop box all the way, it still only shows about 10% of the image. What’s odd is if I change to the default BP theme, the crop function works fine. In this child theme, it doesn’t. I’ve tried deactivating all of my plugins, but no luck.

I’m stumped because my child theme only has the main CSS file, the activity folder and the sidebar.php file. It appears all of the code being used for this function is coming from the BP Default code.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No one else has suffered this problem?

sandholdt
    Participant

@sandholdt

Hi there – have you found a solution for this because I have the same on my wpmu 2.9.1 and buddypress 1.2.4.1 the crop tool are not working at all and 2 images are shown also. Please let me know if you have found the solution.

Thx.

Regards
    Sandholdt

I am also having this problem.

Javier Cotillas
    Participant

@jcotillas

hi all,

did anyone find a solution for this problem?. I have installed WP3.0 and BP1.2.5.2m, and have the same issue as commented by Darrin365 (bp_default works fine, but my child theme is not cropping the avatars properly).

thanks a lot in advanced.
    Javier.

Eric Mulford
    Participant

@ericsaid

I’m having the same problem

Tobias
    Participant

@tiam

Any sollution?

Javier Cotillas
    Participant

@jcotillas

thanks to the guys from bp-theme-converts.com (I’m using one of their themes, a child-theme of hybrid) I got my problem fixed. It was an issue with the style.css file of the child-theme. There were some lines missing, so I just added them to my css file and now everything is working fine. The lines are referred to the avatar author, in my case they are:
    `
    /* Author avatar */
    .author-profile .avatar {
    float: left;
    width: 60px;
    height: 60px;
    margin-right: 20px;
    padding: 4px;
    background: #eee;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    }
    /* Author avatar */
    .left-menu .avatar {
    float: left;
    width: 150px;
    height: 150px;
    margin-right: 20px;
    padding: 4px;
    background: #eee;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    }
    `
    This fixed my problem, I hope it helps.

thelandman
    Participant

@thelandman

@darrin365, I think this might solve your problem!

Go into Buddymatic theme header.php file and make sure that its not calling a different version of jquery.

Make sure you are running jquery 1.4.2.

dandanthedan

@dandanthedan

@thelandman hey! thanks for making me realize i had 2 jquerys called in the header..i just deleted the other jquery call and the avatar crop problem is now fixed! ^_^

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Avatar Crop Tool Only Shows A Portion Of Avatar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar