Categories
Search
Bottom

Eventpress – random posts appearing as events

• piccs3o
    Participant

@steve-kelsey

Hi, I am running WP 3.1.2 and Buddypress 1.2.8
    I have been using Eventpress with some success for a few weeks but have a new and unwanted behaviour.
    Eventpress is showing posts as events even though they have not been created as events.
    Symtoms are on the Events page I get two types of event- ‘My events’ as created via the Events plugin UI which are the ones I have created , and ‘All Events’ which show posts with random avatars applied. How do I stop posts appearing as events?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• piccs3o
    Participant

@steve-kelsey

Anybody?
    Is this expected behaviour and I am to dumb to understand it? : )

kunalb
    Participant

@kunalb

Hey—not expected behavior at all. Could another plugin/theme be causing this somehow? Anything you’ve changed recently?

piccs3o
    Participant

@steve-kelsey

Hi kunalb, thought as much but it is good to get confirmation.

I have added two plugins recently but the problem remains after I have deactivated them.
    I am doing a full diagnostic on plugins tomorrow and will update on what I find.
    Appreciate you taking an interest.

Steve

kunalb
    Participant

@kunalb

Ok—EventPress creates events under a post type ep_event and registrations under post type ep_reg; just in case that proves useful.

piccs3o
    Participant

@steve-kelsey

Hi kunalb.

Well I have it working again but I am not sure if I solved the problem. The Eventpress plugin reverted to normal behaviour after I deactivated the WPMU CustomPress plugin.
    Once I was sure Eventpress was working properly I reactivated CustomPress expecting to see the same problem but no,both are coexisting nicely.

This is not the only problem I have experienced, I have had problems with xprofile not working. This started working again after I deactivated PaulSmith’s Welcome Pack plugin and this was also possible to reactivate. I have also been throwing server 500 problems, white pages errors as well. This was solved by a reinstall from a back-up but the Eventpress and xprofile problem remained
    All very very odd – and I suspect a hosting setting hosting error which has been correct.
    I would like to understand what happened as I hate the thought of the site being fragile but for now it’s all up and running as designed.

I promise not to bug you unless it recurs at some point.

kunalb
    Participant

@kunalb

Hi

I’ve actually never used—or run into anyone using—Custom Press and EventPress. As for xProfiles, EP as such doesn’t interfere with any of those. I can only comment based on past bug reports and yours is the first one of this kind—and the only way that I can think of for EP to cause a 500 server error is if one of the few rewrite rules in EP conflicts with some other rewrite rules.

However, I think you seem to be using network mode? I haven’t actually tested EP/BPCP in network mode—so can’t predict the behaviour at all.

And I think you meant Paul Gibb’s Welcome Pack ;).

piccs3o
    Participant

@steve-kelsey

Apart from that I got everything right??? : )

Understand about Custom Press, the site is a bit of an experiment at the moment and needs rationalising back. ( You should see the plugins I have deactivated!!!

Understand about xProfiles and didn’t mean to suggest there was a correlation,it’s all happened at once.

I have the test site on bluehost under the irrilium domain which should not be a network. I have another bluehost domain stocastica, which is run in network mode with a few websites active so I’ll have a look and see if I made a goof on the install for http://www.irrilium.com.

As you already know, I am a noob 5 months into this new world so all errors are mine, especially changing Mr Gibb’s name. I was sure I written Gibbs, I will apologise to him.
    Thank you for your interest and support kunalb, I appreciate you are very busy!
    Steve

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventpress – random posts appearing as events’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar