Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do remove the ”forums” tab?

• victor_moura
    Participant

@victor_moura

I did not install any new theme on http://mydomain.com/comunidade/ and currently there is no reason to have a “Forums” tab, since all the community interaction is done via the Groups tab.

In addition to that, there are private groups where my premium content is located and thus when non-VIP and non-registered members browse the “Forums” tab, they have the wrong impression that there is not much content being discussed (the best content is invisible to them)

Because of that, I’d like to get rid of the “Forums” tab, but have not found the right code to edit.

In the WP-Admin, Site Themes, I have checked “yes” to WordPress Classic and WordPress Default, and have “no” for BuddyPress Default and WordPress mu Homepage.

Anyone can help me?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

You’ll have to manually remove the “forums” tab from the theme’s header.php.

Also, I see that you simply copied over the default theme to your themes directory. Please create a child theme to make your changes. Read the linked article to find out why!

victor_moura
    Participant

@victor_moura

Wow. That was the fastest and best targeted advice, r-a-y. Many thanks!

I confess I was very very afraid of screwing things up when creating the child theme, but I guess I did things right! Thanks for this advice!

@r-a-y is there a way to uninstall forum instead of editing header.php ?
    If not, Im my case i have fishbook theme, child of bp-default … the right header.php to edit is the header of fishbook theme or bp-default ? Thx

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@gcortex – Uninstalling the forums component and removing the forums tab from the header are two different things.

If you want to uninstall the forums, login to your WordPress install and navigate to “BuddyPress > Component Setup”. Under “bbPress Forums”, select “Disabled” and then save the settings. Forums should no longer be enabled.

If you want to remove the forums tab from your header, since you’re using the Fishbook theme, you should edit the header of the Fishbook theme.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How do remove the ”forums” tab?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar