Categories
Search
Bottom

Stealth Group Members

• Fabricio
    Participant

@passionado

Hello folks,

I’ve used BP to create an intranet for our students here at the colognegamelab.

So far we’re really happy with buddypress, I’m constantly triying to improve the intranet by adding/exchanging plugins, tweaking on the visuals, etc.

Now I’ve a kind of tricky problem/request from the students/tutors, hope you can help me out:

We’re using the groups in order to organize semesters / teachers / tutors. Now it would come in very handy if professors/tutors could see everything inside the students groups (+ also get updates via Mail) without being an actual member of the group or simply not being displayed as a member of the group to keep things clean. is something like this possible?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Fabricio
    Participant

@passionado

mh, so nobody can help me out?:(

Fabricio
    Participant

@passionado

ok i try to get a little clearer/break my help request down a little bit:

Is it possible to give a wordpress user-role the default-capability of looking into every bp group without being a member of it? (and ideally getting activity-updates via mail)?

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

I’m sure that it can be done. This isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but if you read the code it might prove helpful: http://wpmu.org/monitor-your-site-in-stealth-mode-as-a-buddypress-ninja/

Fabricio
    Participant

@passionado

thank you very much, i gonna have a look at this one!

t.sjogren
    Participant

@tsjogren

@Fabricio
    I´m also going to use BuddyPress as an intranet.
    Can you please share some experiences with your intranet solution. The biggest question i have is to “lock down” the site when users are logged out. No information is allowed to be exposed. Do you have the same setup? That the user have to be logged in before accessing any information?
    1. Do you use a plugin like ‘Members only’ to restrict access?
    2. I´m thinking about RSS feeds. How can i restrict access to them? I want to have BP email updates instead.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Stealth Group Members’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar