Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress wp plugin fatal error help

• a depaula
    Participant

@cinema212

Hello to you all, I decided to take to the forum when I encountered an issue activating buddypress plugin for wp. I just got this message while trying to install buddypress on my wordpress site via the plugin: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/themovie/public_html/xxxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups.php on line 182

How can I fix this? I’m stuck, i’ve tried to deleting and reinstalling this 4 times as recommended in other posts but have had no luck.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sounds as though your PHP script memory limit is too low iirc 16mb is default, 32mb the value I always change it to and the guys here tend to recommend setting it to 64mb. This is changed in php.ini if you have no access to the global settings for PHP on the server then you can set it via htaccess or failing both of these approaches contact your server hosts and put the problem to them and see if they can resolve for you.

a depaula
    Participant

@cinema212

Thanks HNLA How do I code this into php ini (Memory=64mb?)and in what part of the code page do I add the memory upgrade?(top, middle, bottom?) I’ve never done that before so I may as well ask before I start adding the wrong stuff.

php.ini is a global conf file for php. If you are running your own server you need to locate the file and open in a text editor and find the right line and adjust from 32 to 64. If you are on a shared host then you might get away with adding a line to the .htaccess file – that should be in your root directory – like thus:
    php_value memory_limit 64M

This though will only work if a shared host has allowed this particular directive to be set, and I would have thought they wouldn’t but it’s worth a shot!

a depaula
    Participant

@cinema212

I don’t seem to have a php ini file, I had the 64m code in my wp-config file from the installation, I found the httaccess do I add the code as written above to the httaccess page?

Yes on a separate line. take care though and be prepared to backtrack to a good version of the file.

vishnurg
    Participant

@vishnurg

im getting these type errors continuosly
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/mydomian/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3601. it hap[pens in many settings pages also …at front end there is nt such errors ,,,bt i cant manage admin section due to this error ..
    i tried to change the settings in wp-config with the memory size to 32mb .then it shows some admin function error … my adminsitrator says the php is allocated with 40mb in my server ..isnt that enogh to work the budyypress ?? help me please …sorry for my bad english

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘buddypress wp plugin fatal error help’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar