Forum Replies Created
Seems the Danish translation is stuck; need validation, as far as I can see. I’d be happy to validate.
Good job. I changed courseware.php and the file names, and now the translation works.
Uhm, where do I see if there are role problems?
(so should I avoid translating “Student” and “Teacher”, or how does it work?)
Oh, I have WP+BP running in Danish, and have changed the wp-config already.
So, I’ve changed
“Plural-Forms: nplurals=INTEGER; plural=EXPRESSION;n”
“Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=n != 1;n”
(as the wp-da_DK uses)
That doesn’t seem to have helped
Files are here:
(I have not translated everything yet, so this is only for testing)
I will complete the translation soon. Still not sure how the mo and po files work.
I downloaded poedit, and opening your .pot and saving it as a po file gives “found 2 fata erros”, but saves it and creates a mo file too.
To test my translation, I upload both in the /wp-content/plugins/buddypress-courseware/i18n/
Nothing happens, it seems.
Do I need to ‘tell’ courseware to change language?
I will make and share a Danish translation, but am new to translations and just learning about po and mo and stuff, and getting a bit confused …
Does my translation fo here:
or somewhere in BP or WP?
Also, can you please explain this:
msgid “You can manage this group Courseware.”
? not sure what it means, and where it’s used.
OK, maybe I shouldn’t file bug reports late at night …
I actually meant it was the Author info in the Bibliography that was reversed, so it shows “Marx Karl” instead of “Karl Marx”. Incidentally, I used the cool Bibtex importer, and used records like http://www.ottobib.com/isbn/0955008182/bibtex. The ISBN-tool adds full author name as Last name.
I’m not sure whether this is a feature request or just a configuration question, but my situation is this: I run a 12-week course at the university (one day a week). There are readings for each of the 12 classes. I put the 12 classes into the calendar, as 12 schedules, but the description is compressed to one line, so I can basically only use it for the title. I notice the calendar viewer does show assignments’ due dates, so I can add a class as an assignment, and thus get a page for each class, which is finely connected to the bibliography.
- an individual schedule should have both a title and a description field, and it should be possible to connect the schedule to an assignment.
- the calendar viewer doesn’t show the title of an assignment, only the description. Would be nice to also show title.