Forum Replies Created
+1 – the same issue. I’d love to find the topics that i’ve posted in
Ahhh “search_terms” Is what I was missing. I was looking for the “fields” which would only yield the contents of the profile fields correct?
Would I really need to use a loop? Doesn’t the search_terms inherently search all profiles with that term and display the search terms page?
I mean all I would need to do is display all search terms as links (just as they would display on a profile page) in a navigation bar on the member directory.
Another way to do this would be if you can allow people to use tags in the signup form. Essentially all I am looking for is some type of taxonomy I can use for members that the members set for themselves. I am not married to the idea of using the search_terms.
I would think that you can just use the the typical the_title, and put it in the statement that checks the user’s ID.. The question would be how to get their most recent, which I can’t seem to find the answer to.
Ohh Ohh Ohh I figured it out. I had read NUMEROUS posts across this site and the bbpress forum and all of them basically said “well they don’t work well together so you need to hack it together”.. but even those hacks didnt work.
Guess what, a simple shortcode and BAM! It works.
All I had to do was add
Problems with getting it running.
- 7 hours, 49 minutes ago
Creating & Extending
Existing and new plugins/components and themes.
- 15 hours, 13 minutes ago
Legacy Group Forums
- BP External Group Blogs (2, 12),
- BP Profile Menu (25, 61),
- BP-Default (68, 540),
- BuddyPress Verified (6, 2),
- BuddyShare (24, 72),
- Custom Community Theme (12, 26),
- RS Buddypress Activity Refresh (6, 3),
- WangGuard (5, 17),
- WordPress en galego (25, 130),
- BP Media (501, 2,158),
- Invite Anyone (113, 421),
- BuddyPress Links (116, 277),
- Limit Blogs Per User (1, 0),
- IPhone + iPad Themes (6, 73),
- Import from Ning (8, 48),
- BP Include Non-member Comments (1, 0),
- BuddyPress Group Email Subscription (119, 466),
- BP Group Management (16, 25),
- Custom Profile Filters for BuddyPress (9, 17),
- BP MPO Activity Filter (2, 5),
- BuddyPress Group Activity Notifications (3, 3),
- BP-TinyMCE (14, 47),
- Enhanced BuddyPress Widgets (3, 1),
- Seo for Buddypress (22, 140),
- Buddypress Sitewide activity Widget (7, 11),
- Follow-Favorite-Like Post (2, 5),
- CubePoints Buddypress Integration (172, 941),
- Featured Member(s) Widget (9, 19),
- oEmbed for BuddyPress (58, 180),
- BuddyPress auf Deutsch (11, 14),
- Buddypress Profile Widget for Blogs (4, 9),
- BP Redirect to Profile (1, 1),
- BP Edit Group Slug (3, 2),
- WordPress Hook Sniffer (7, 21),
- BuddyPress Moderation (67, 179),
- CD BuddyPress Avatar Bubble (50, 315),
- Penny Stocks (5, 13),
- Facestream (23, 45),
- BP System Report (2, 0),
- Spam Eater (4, 23),
- BuddyPress Usernames Only (30, 125),
- BuddyPress Private Messages for Friends Only (10, 32),
- BuddyPress Hosting (21, 61),
- BuddyPress Wiki Component (24, 49),
- BuddyPress Forums Extras (28, 50),
- BuddyPress Restrict Group Creation (4, 13),
- Welcome Pack (108, 396),
- BuddyPress Member Profile Stats (5, 49),
- Semantic Web and Open Stack Integration (9, 18),
- Achievements (198, 752)
- 1 day ago
- Installing BuddyPress
I have got to tell you that THIS website gives me hope in BuddyPress. I am not so much a developer as a front end designer/coder, so I would love to help with the project as much as I can, but WOW YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB!!!
This one deserves to be on the list of all time best sites built with BP/ Goody job all around
It depends on the theme you are using. Generally to make a permanently imbedded video you would open the template file for your home page (sometimes called home.php) and paste it in there.
If your home page is widgetized then you can paste the code into a text widget and drag the widget to the proper location.
OR you can make your theme widgetized by following one of the many tutorials on how to widgetize a wordpress theme.
I think that is the default way that BP works.. (unless you have some addon).. I have found an addon called Custom Profile Filters for BuddyPress which lets you selectively create links so that you can make all fields not links except for maybe twitter usernames, or account type, etc.