Forum Replies Created
I tried BB Admin Actions but this old plugin does not work at all for me.
No it doesn’t work (I just restored the database from backup). Instead of showing a list of discussion threads (sorted by freshness) it shows Group forums as the root (which people can post in) and all the group forums.
Creating & Extending
Existing and new plugins/components and themes.
- 56 minutes ago
Legacy Group Forums
- BP External Group Blogs (2, 12),
- BP Profile Menu (25, 61),
- BP-Default (68, 540),
- BuddyPress Verified (6, 2),
- BuddyShare (24, 72),
- Custom Community Theme (12, 26),
- RS Buddypress Activity Refresh (6, 3),
- WangGuard (5, 17),
- WordPress en galego (25, 130),
- BP Media (501, 2,158),
- Invite Anyone (113, 421),
- BuddyPress Links (116, 277),
- Limit Blogs Per User (1, 0),
- IPhone + iPad Themes (6, 73),
- Import from Ning (8, 48),
- BP Include Non-member Comments (1, 0),
- BuddyPress Group Email Subscription (119, 466),
- BP Group Management (16, 25),
- Custom Profile Filters for BuddyPress (9, 17),
- BP MPO Activity Filter (2, 5),
- BuddyPress Group Activity Notifications (3, 3),
- BP-TinyMCE (14, 47),
- Enhanced BuddyPress Widgets (3, 1),
- Seo for Buddypress (22, 140),
- Buddypress Sitewide activity Widget (7, 11),
- Follow-Favorite-Like Post (2, 5),
- CubePoints Buddypress Integration (172, 941),
- Featured Member(s) Widget (9, 19),
- oEmbed for BuddyPress (58, 180),
- BuddyPress auf Deutsch (11, 14),
- Buddypress Profile Widget for Blogs (4, 9),
- BP Redirect to Profile (1, 1),
- BP Edit Group Slug (3, 2),
- WordPress Hook Sniffer (7, 21),
- BuddyPress Moderation (67, 179),
- CD BuddyPress Avatar Bubble (50, 315),
- Penny Stocks (5, 13),
- Facestream (23, 45),
- BP System Report (2, 0),
- Spam Eater (4, 23),
- BuddyPress Usernames Only (30, 125),
- BuddyPress Private Messages for Friends Only (10, 32),
- BuddyPress Hosting (21, 61),
- test group (3, 7),
- BuddyPress Wiki Component (24, 49),
- BuddyPress Forums Extras (28, 50),
- BuddyPress Restrict Group Creation (4, 13),
- Welcome Pack (108, 396),
- BuddyPress Member Profile Stats (5, 49),
- Semantic Web and Open Stack Integration (9, 18)
- 6 hours, 27 minutes ago
- Creating & Extending
Have disabled all plugins but bbPress and Buddypress to no avail. bbPress 2.3 update doesn’t help.
I tried resetting the bbPress forums from Tools/Forums to try from scratch and it’s worse – lost all the Group forum links.
Anyone can help? Why am I seeing a Forums page like this instead of the discussion list?
Some things I like about bbPress 2.2.4 and BP 1.7 – support of BP Group forums and the ability to search not only topics but also forum text, rich text input, plenty of bbPress enhancements eg quotes, signatures etc.
However only one thing is holding me back from implementing this in my main forum, and that is the Forums page does not display the discussion listing
I posted my issue here:
Migrating Legacy Group forums to bbPress 2.2.4
You can see the problematic page in my forum here
I just edited the Forums page and placed the code in it
I have disabled all plugins and used the default BP theme but still no go
BTW, I followed the bbPress installation guide here:
This last step is driving me nuts so until it is solved in this minor forum of mine, I can’t implement bbPress in my other major site
the buggy page if anyone wants to take a look is malaysianmedicineDOTcomSLASHforums
Now that we are on 1.7 and bbPress integration, does any signature plugin work? What if users are still on legacy Group forums?
Congratulations to the BB team for a great job done!
Just tried on another forum of mine with all plugins deactivated (except BP) and only the Default BP theme
Tried to post the drug name “Plavix” in the thread and failed
Now have to go ask my hosting for help!
Thanks for the tip about checking with the host – will do. Here’s my configuration:
Host URL: forum.mydobbs.net
Site URL: http://forum.mydobbs.net
Wordpress URL: http://forum.mydobbs.net
Wordpress Version: 3.5.1
BuddyPress Version: 1.6.5
MultiSite Status: Off / Disabled
Theme: BuddyBoss Child Theme
Active Plugins: 39 (BuddyPress Edit User Profiles. 1.0; BP Group Management 0.5.4; BP Post Buttons 1.0; BP Profile Search 3.2; BP Unread Posts 0.8.0; BP Webcam Avatar 0.8; BuddyPress Activity Plus 1.4.1; BuddyPress Announce Group 1.3; BuddyPress Auto Group Join 2.2.1; BuddyPress Docs 1.3.3; BuddyPress Facebook 0.2; BP Group Documents 0.4.0; BuddyPress Group Email Subscription 3.3.3; BuddyPress Message Attachment 1.1; BuddyPress Mobile 126.96.36.199; BuddyPress Registration Groups 0.8; BuddyShare 1.2.1; BuddyPress Toolbar 1.5.1; BuddyPress Topic Mover 2.5.1; BuddyPress Usernames Only 0.58; BuddyPress 1.6.5; CubePoints Buddypress Integration 188.8.131.52; CubePoints 3.2.1; E-Newsletter 1.2.4; Events Manager 5.3.7; Export Users to CSV 0.3; FFF Cron Manager 0.7; Google Doc Embedder 2.5.6; HungryFEED 1.6.2; NextGEN Gallery Voting 2.4.1; NextGEN Gallery 1.9.12; s2Member® Framework 130221; Fast Secure Contact Form 184.108.40.206; Simple Popup Plugin 4.1; WordPress Chat 220.127.116.11; WP-FB-AutoConnect 3.0.1; WP Mail Options 0.1.10; WP-Polls 2.63; WPMU DEV Dashboard 3.2.5; )
Thank you for your work in developing this great plugin!
@dwenaus the plugin has a bug, causing video embedding to fail on forum posts but not the activity stream
Thanks for the confirmation that it should work out of the box. I was puzzled why recently it didn’t work for forum posts but activity streams only.
I did the usual disable all plugins and test one by one in case of a plugin conflict.
I can confirm that the Buddypress Rate Forum Posts plugin is the culprit
After disabling this, video embedding now works. Will post feedback to the author.
Hi @shawn38 – it’s Group forums. I am using the latest BP 1.6.1
The video will embed in the activity stream but not in forum posts
I have tried the defunct oembed plugin but it doesn’t work now.