Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1.2 Member name doesn\'t show

• flyingfrog
    Participant

@flyingfrog

Hi all, great work on the 1.2 it works and it looks nice too ;)

I am having a little issue in the members page and widget where only the admin user name is displayed while others are not shown near the avatar, there is just an empty link. Does that happen to any of you?

I have created users through the admin interface as my site won\’t permit front page registration.

You can find a test-installation at http://fo14.marcobartolini.net/members/

thanks

Marco

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is this 1.2 beta, or the trunk? Did you fill in firstname/lastname fields when creating the users?

flyingfrog
    Participant

@flyingfrog

Working on the trunk.

Didn’t fill firstname-lastname!! That was obvious but i needed your answer to find it out, thank you!!

Also, adding firstname/lastname from admin panel to existing users didn’t solve the problem, while creating new users with firtst/lastname gives the correct behaviour.

Thank you man

great work!

This is a bug actually, if you don’t fill in first/last then it should add the username as the fullname instead. Glad you got it worked out.

flyingfrog
    Participant

@flyingfrog

i don’t know if it can save you some work, i’ve tested some more:

* adding only one of First/Last name works

* In every case, if from wordpress administration “Edit user” i change the “display name publicly as” to the nick or last name of the user that doesn’t change inside buddypress

I don’t know if this is a desired behaviour or not, so just hoping to be useful

keep on your great work!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘1.2 Member name doesn\'t show’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar