Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1.6 Killed My Site… I Need a Download For The Old 1.5.7, Can Anyone Help?

• SeanDonahoe

@seandonahoe

I just updated to 1.6 and it killed my site. So I want to revert back to the old version 1.5.7. Can anyone tell me where I can download the old version or send me the plugin via email? s.donahoe [at] atdirectdiscount.com.

Thanks, really appreciate it!

Sean

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

Go to WordPress.org’s BuddyPress page, click developers and it will list past versions

SeanDonahoe

@seandonahoe

Awesome, learn something every day… You Rock!

Sean

Presence Films

@presence-films

Also, hope you backed up. Buddypress 1.6 also killed my site but fortunately I was able to restore the old version. So, BP 1.6 is a no-no at the moment.

Call to undefined function bp_displayed_user_id() in C:xampphtdocsbpwp-contentpluginsbuddypressbp-corebp-core-template.php on line 1117

Above is the error I received after updating my test server. I too may have to hold off on updating…

any now if after downgruding all data (user,topics, grup) is secure – i will lost it or not?
    And how is the best way to downgraunding? pls help

rodtrent
    Participant

@rodtrent

Downgrade instructions would be extremely helpful. Not sure I’ve seen a more bug-ridden release.

Camille
    Participant

@kyameel

`Call to undefined function bp_displayed_user_id() in C:xampphtdocsbpwp-contentpluginsbuddypressbp-corebp-core-template.php on line 1117`

I got that error too when I clicked on the update wizard. Good thing it didn’t let me run the database update yet so it was as easy as just replacing the plugin folder with the one I backed up beforehand. I tried renaming the theme folder before reverting to the old version, but it wouldn’t read the default Twenty Eleven theme.

:(

I resolved my problem with the error of `Call to undefined function bp_displayed_user_id() in C:xampphtdocsbpwp-contentpluginsbuddypressbp-corebp-core-template.php on line 1117` by:
    1. reverting to the old 1.5.7 version of BuddyPress plugin
    2. deactivating BuddyPress plugin – silly me for not doing this the first time
    3. deactivating a BuddyPress dependent plugin ( User Name Availability Checker for wordpress/buddypress from http://buddydev.com/buddypress/creating-a-buddypress-wordpress-username-availability-checker-for-your-site )
    4. then updating BuddyPress
    5. and finally reactivating BuddyPress and dependent plugins
    The moral of this story: I should always deactivate significant plugins such as BuddyPress before updating. All good now :)

I am in the same boat, my site is not working in any way, white screens everywhere. How do i revert back to 1.5.7?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘1.6 Killed My Site… I Need a Download For The Old 1.5.7, Can Anyone Help?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar