Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 Page Not found for links

Inactive

I recently added buddypress to my wordpress MU account and used http://codex.buddypress.org/how-to-guides/upgrading-a-buddypress-1-0-theme-for-buddypress-1-1/ to add buddypress functionality to my wordpress theme (which was modified from wordpress single users) My only problem is that none of the links in MyAccount>Notifications>or Visits work. They all are looking for /members/admin and I can’t find the location of these files on my server. I assume the hugest reason I get the 404 Page not found error is because the directory doesn’t exist. How do I resolve this issue?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It isn’t that the directory needs to physically exist, because just like WordPress, all permalinks are virtual pointers to PHP interpreted code.

When you’re talking about notifications, are you talking about the emails you receive? Or are you talking about the actual Notifications screen in BuddyPress?

If you’re talking about the later, then it means your plugins_template.php file is missing from the root of your parent theme. BuddyPress still uses that file as a generic pointer for the settings pages to use, since they do not have their own specific template files at this point in time.

Inactive

for the life of me I can’t find the plugins_template.php file in the BP.zip to put it into the parent theme. If I wanted the functionality BP on all of the themes would I have to put it in each theme?

Inactive

okay, it’s actually the plugin-template.php (I assume) and that was placed in my root folder for my theme, then it was moved to the bp-sn-parent folder of my theme, none of which produced desirable results for the added functionality.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Page Not found for links’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar