Ajax filtering issues on Activity stream and user directory
Hi, i’m proudly using buddypress on my blog and i have found a couple of issues/problem on ajax filtering system.
I’m new here, so i write on this forum after to open a bug/report ticket.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 3.4
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? no
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? 3.3.2
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes, it works
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? 1.5.6
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? Yes, but i tested too in news intall without any other plugins
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? I use custom theme but i tested too on Buddypress default theme
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? no
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? no
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? no bbpress tried
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? linux+apache
First Issue: it’s the same reported here
but for some strange reason on bp-activity-templatetags.php file, the line 361 is:
$include = implode( ‘,’, (array)$favs );
$in = implode( ‘,’, (array)$favs );
as expected and documentated here http://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/3480
Second Issue: On members directory and profile pages, ajax filters not works for plugin tabs like BP Follow plugin, that use custom user listing.
I spent a bit of time searching in the core code and i found the “problem” in bp-members-template.php file, on the line 184. If $include is true (plugins use it to send array of userid) query is performed by BP_Core_User::get_specific_users. This function not support variable $type, used for ajax filtering.
Maybe would be a good idea to enable BP_Core_User::get_specific_users() for $type support, or pass the query directly to bp_core_get_users() function. Any ideas?
And now a future request, to extend filtering system:
i saw that $type varible, on BP_Core_User class, is limited to these case: ‘active’,’online’,’newest’,’popular’,’alphabetical’
would be useful to extend it for a custom usage, so we can list user based on custom filter like.. “achievements_points” or “cpoints” or some other nemerical metavalue stored by plugins in wp_usermeta table.
I wrote a patch (just a bit of code added on bp-core-classs.php), tested and working. If you like the idea i can share it.
thanks a lot for sharing buddypress plugin
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.