BuddyPress & Activity Stream Permalinks
Recently I updated to all the latest versions of BP and WP. Everything seemed to be going swell, except then I realized that in our activity streams certain links are not working as they should, rather they are redirecting to the home page. Is there some way to force refresh all the permalinks in Buddypress perhaps?
My permalink structure is: site.com/%category%/%postname%
When I hover over the ‘view’ link my browser status bar shows the URL is formated by BP like: site.com/activity/p/1234
Normally when you click the ‘view’ link the site will redirect to the correct URL like: site.com/members/stig/activity/1234/
Oddly enough if I take a link that isn’t working and I manually form the URL like the end result should look even that goes to a home page for any of the links/activity posts that aren’t working…
Some of my links are doing this correctly and some of them just redirect to the home page. I’ve tried changing and saving my permalink structure countless times but the issue persists. The permalinks can be changed in the dashboard I verified that’s working because my URL structure changes, but it doesn’t resolve the issue I’m having with activity links..
I’ve read tutorials on modifying .htaccess with stuff like:
‘RedirectMatch 301 /([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/(.*)$ http://www.site.com/$4‘
However Im not that savy with .htaccess rules and I don’t think the above code is written correctly to handle activity links. Also if I’m manually forming the URLs and they don’t work I don’t expect this method would work either..
I’ve tried this with the default BP theme and it’s still broken. I’ve researched as many threads as I could on this site and WP.org and while I now better understand the use of permalinks I’m still stumped on this issue.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? WP 3.2.1 (Multisite)
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? installed in root
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? n/a
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? 2.9.x
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes
6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.2.9
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? the version that came just before 1.2.9 (I’ve only been using BP about 2 months)
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? Several plugins for BP including /blog removal from permalinks, BP Album, FB Autoconnect, etc. I’ve tried disabling them all and that didn’t make any difference.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? ReviewIt theme from Ghostpool. However the issue persists in the BP default theme.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? Only style sheet (css)
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? not that I’m aware of
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Used the Buddypress included files to activate a new instance of forums
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. 404 errors to old permalinked pages and ‘deprecated with’ errors related to a classifieds plugin, I just turned php error reporting off.
14. Which company provides your hosting? We have our own colo in Dallas
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? WinServer 2k8 running Apache and php5
The topic ‘BuddyPress & Activity Stream Permalinks’ is closed to new replies.