Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

notifications not being sent

  • Avatar of podictionary
    podictionary
    Participant

    @podictionary

    I installed a test installation using WPMU 2.9.1.1 and BP beta, RC1 then RC2 then 1.2 in that install notification emails do get sent as expected.

    I installed BP 1.2 on a pre-existing WP 2.9.2 (not MU) non-test site and it looks good, except in-site messaging etc, is NOT producing notification emails. New user registrations are also not emailed to admin nor are blog post comments.

    Anyone else seen this?

    One suspicion I have is that the non-notifying install was previously using the intensedebate plugin but this has been deactivated and uninstalled. I see that Peterverkooijen has had and solved an identical seeming problem here:

    http://buddypress.org/forums/topic/buddypress-and-intensedebate?replies=12#post-23007

    What does Peterverkooijen mean when he says “copying an earlier version of an entire template folder solved the problem”

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Avatar of Peterverkooijen
    peterverkooijen
    Participant

    @peterverkooijen

    What does Peterverkooijen mean when he says “copying an earlier version of an entire template folder solved the problem”

    That the problem was probably caused by mistakes in a custom theme and had nothing to do with the IntenseDebate plugin. I always save older versions, so I can put old template files back when I screw up.

    Avatar of podictionary
    podictionary
    Participant

    @podictionary

    Hmmm. Do you think so? I have my test blog sending notifications fine using either the BuddyPress Default 1.2 theme or the ultra simple child theme I tried that depends on BuddyPress Default (only removed page tabs and search field top right).

    Yet using either of these supposedly identical themes on the older blog that used to have intensedebate do not send notifications.

    Avatar of podictionary
    podictionary
    Participant

    @podictionary

    I used brute force to resolve this. Since it worked for me using WPMU in test I (a) exported the blog content, (b) threw the entire thing away, (c) did a completely clean install using MU, and (d) re-imported everything. So, resolved but not resolved.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.