Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Problems implementing po/mo file

  • Avatar of number_6
    Number_6
    Participant

    @number_6

    Hi guys, hope someone can help,

    I edited the .pot file in PoEdit which generated the .mo file. I moved both into the languages folder naming them buddypress-en_US. The codex instructions said to upload the .po file, so I assumed that means I’d have to rename the extension from .pot to .po, so I did that.

    I have nothing.

    What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Avatar of danbp
    danbp
    Moderator

    @danbp

    Translation goes throught php gettext module witch use the compiled mo file
    Compilation is accomplished by the software (poEdit in your case).

    The pot and the po files are “working” files, they are not needed on the server.
    The pot contains all translatable strings
    The po contains the translatable strings AND the translation
    The difference is also in both file header. The pot has a blank summary, the po’s summary has some configuration informations. (path, author name, plural settings and DOM info)

    But read here for more detailled information:

    http://betterwp.net/wordpress-tips/create-pot-file-using-poedit/

    Avatar of number_6
    Number_6
    Participant

    @number_6

    I guess what I want to know is how to implement the data from my revised .pot file.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.