[Resolved] BuddyPress and bbPress: ”You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”
I installed a fresh copy of WordPress Multisite (3.3.2) and added the BuddyPress plugin (1.5) and Network Activated it. This is sub domain install.
On the primary site I configured BuddyPress and then clicked the “Install Group Forums” button and received the error “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”
Any thoughts on what I can look for?
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
Not applicable, fresh install
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Standard BuddyPress Theme
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
bbPress 2.0.2 (Installed it after the setup link did not work.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
EC2 virtual private server
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Bitnami WordPress WIndows Stack (xAMP)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.