Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

[Resolved] Update to BP 1.2.8 on WP3.1 exploded my site

  • Avatar of stwc
    stwc
    Participant

    @stwc

    Hey, this is bad.

    I’m getting `Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_active() in /home/[path to]/functions.php on line 735` when trying to update BP. Removing the offending call just pops up errors throughout functions.php that worked fine before.

    I think it’s connected to this trac ticket but I’m not sure how to fix things, as I can’t even get into the back end now without the error message.

    Please help — this is on a live site, and kind of time-critical. It worked on my localhost, so I was relatively confident it would work live. It didn’t. ;-(

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Avatar of stwc
    stwc
    Participant

    @stwc

    Whew. OK, panic stations stand-down.

    Here’s how I fixed it, hopefully without breaking anything. I renamed functions.php — that got me into the backend. I had to Network Activate Buddypress, then I renamed functions.php back again. All looks well on first glance.

    I suppose I didn’t follow SOP with upgrades — I had thought that we had gotten to the point where automatic upgrading was ‘safe’ with BP.

    Object lesson for others in future, I guess.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.