Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Screwed up Group – please help!!

  • Avatar of Wayne Moses Burke
    Wayne Moses Burke
    Participant

    @wayneburke

    I have two hidden groups on my site. One is called Advisory Body, the other is Executive Body.

    I was playing around with the member management functionality on Advisory body using the built in functionality and that in the BP Group Management plugin, solely with the purpose of understanding how it worked.

    Now whenever I go to http://om4ce.org/groups/advisory-body/, it shows the Activity Stream properly, but the header if for the Executive Body group (although it says No admins, (0) members, etc…) and at the bottom of the activity stream, it gives me 8 more group nav bars (for a total of one less than the total number of groups on the site – it’s basically repeating the group loop from bp-default/groups/single/home.php).

    I’ve checked the database with php-myAdmin to see if the group IDs somehow got corrupted, but that all looks right. I’m not sure what to do next to solve this. Any recs?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Avatar of Wayne Moses Burke
    Wayne Moses Burke
    Participant

    @wayneburke

    Okay – here’s what I did to “fix” it: I had added a member to the group just before the problems started. I removed the member from the db using phpMyAdmin and the group is back. I’m not sure why all of this happened, but here are some possibilities for anyone that wants to track it down:

    I added the member using the BP Group Management plugin.
    The member was a system admin when I added them.
    I then demoted them to author level.
    I may have promoted or demoted them as an admin on the group also.
    I was trying to determine the interaction between the group email subscription plugin and what happens when you Kick and Ban a user.

    Happy to work it through more if anyone wants to.

    Avatar of Boone Gorges
    Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

    @boonebgorges

    Hm, it’s not clear to me off the top of my head how either the Group Email Subscription plugin or Group Management could cause the problem you describe. From the looks of it, bp_has_groups() was taking the wrong scope (pulling up all groups from the installation, rather than just the current group), which suggests that something weird was happening when the $bp global was set up. Not sure what that might have been, though, and what it might have had to do with the group member issue you describe.

    If you come across the problem again (either with BP Group Management and GES activated or not), please post as many details as you can. I’d be curious to know what went wrong.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.