Upload Failed Issue: Is its parent directory writable by the server?
I have been searching all day for an answer to this….
I can upload files for a regular post in my main blog – the files upload to “wp-content/blogs.dir/files” – this is how I have my Upload Path set in the main blog’s Blogs >> Edit Panel.
I have my Fileupload URL set to “http://switchsoftware.ca/httpdocs/wp-content/blogs.dir/files”
Regardless of what I change either of these paths to, (even if the directory doesn’t exist) I still get the message:
Upload Failed! Error was: Unable to create directory /var/www/vhosts/switchsoftware.ca/httpdocs/wp-content/blogs.dir/files/avatars/1. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
The directory name in the error changes of course, but the error is the same. Should I not be changing these paths? What is the difference between the two?
I have tried changing the permissions a few different ways but with no success. What is odd is that the blog posts have no issue uploading files, whereas avatars give me this message.
Can anyone help me? I’ve been dealing with this all day!!!!
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Standard but widgetized front page, very slightly altered by me
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
If that is just the forums, built in – I havent used them yet.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.