wpmuguru – working with bp-mu ticket
Per the ticket:
I have made the changes to the latest bp download from the ticket, did not use the trunk as it looked much older than the current release, so that could be the source of my problems. ( I don’t mind starting over with the trunk if needed, it’s a quick change)
Anyhow, I have a base install setup and running, but it does not seem to be functioning correctly. Mostly I end up with 404 errors on trying to reach sub-site bp instances.
I was opening this comment thread in the hopes that maybe you had the time to dig into this with me to see what all is going to be required to get this patch working. It should be a pretty fun project and is one that many have requested here. I don’t mind turning on registrations on the demo site once all is working so that everyone can see what bp-mu is going to function like when it works.
1. I installed 3.0.1 with subdomain support
– created a few subdomain sites to see if it worked and it is set up right, it does
2. I installed bp 22.214.171.124 with the changes from the ticket
3. I installed the buddypress group blog plugin and created a group blog for the group
– that part ‘sort of’ worked. For some reason the plugin tries to create subfolder installs instead of sub-domains which obviously is not going to work.
–I then created a subdomain site and then applied that site to the buddypress group — that worked just fine, but I am going to have to track down the problem as to why it’s not creating the subdomain instead of the subfolder as that would be really annoying
4. I then installed a separate subdomain site that is not related to a group
5. I activated bp-default on the new subdomain site
6. This is where the errors start showing up with the 404 while trying to access bp on the subdomain site
I know you are always very busy, but if you can point me in the right directions, I really don’t mind doing the heavy lifting to get this working. Who knows, maybe a number of people will jump on this project and we can all get bp-mu functioning as expected.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.