Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP 1.5 Group Extension API

• Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

Has anybody else noticed that the Group Extension API stopped working once you upgraded to BP 1.5 beta1? Using WP 3.2.1 on a local install.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • It ought to continue to work. I don’t think we made any changes directly in the Group Extension stuff. If you can’t figure it out, check where you’re hooking into BuddyPress (try earlier) and/or report on BuddyPress.trac.WordPress.org

Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

Sorry, group API does work. I was just me still checking if BP_GROUPS_SLUG was defined to check if the groups component was active. Fixed it.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Paul’s a bit wrong. We did have to make *some* changes to the BP_Group_Extension class, or at least to the load order in bp_register_group_extension(). I spent a pretty large amount of time trying to figure this out for my own plugin development, so it should be working, but please do let us know if something seems amiss.

Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

Just found something. Error/success messages do not show up. It’s got to do with the priority of the group extension hook (attached to bp_actions at a priority of 8) and the priority of the message output (attached to bp_actions at a priority of 10). So, the output of a given group extension happens before the error messages are displayed.

Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

Hmm, this was not supposed to be a smiley. It should actually be an 8 followed by )…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘BP 1.5 Group Extension API’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar