Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress bar

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

To create a new group just visit the groups page (e.g. mywebsite.com/groups) and then click the “Create a Group” button at the top.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

all i get is no groups found….cant find a “create a group”

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@Tekuan_Coleman

“…is there a way i can just added all the options to my site like in the navigation bar?”

Have you tried Add-All-Nav-Links-to-BP-Adminbar? You can add your main menu items to the navbar, then reposition it anywhere you like to replace the main nav.
    https://buddypress.org/community/groups/add-all-nav-links-to-bp-adminbar/

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

Grrrr, lol…just when i thought i has something.

Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress.

thanks anyway pcwriter

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

Compatible up to: WordPress 3.0.1 / BuddyPress 1.2.5.2

I have Version 1.2.6

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@Tekuan_Coleman

Ah, I should update that info. It tests and works just fine in BP1.2.6.
    You can see it on a live site here (WP3.0.1 + BP1.2.6): http://buddylite.com/

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

Thanks im gonna check that link now

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Done. Updated the repo… it should appear on BP.org/WP.org in a few minutes…

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

site looks nice….had to register but couldnt see how to comment on the forum or groups….im gonna try the plugin now thanks for everything

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

can i download before it appears….like right this secind….lol

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Yes you can :-) I just updated the readme with the “Compatible to…” info.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

cool thanks again for everything…..i tried again to leave a comment or anything on the buddylite site…couldnt….hmmmm

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Did you activate your account?

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

ok now im lost this is completely the opposite of what i asked for….lol

i wanted to move the bp admin bar to my sites nav bar. i just have an extra menu with community on the BP admin bar

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@Tekuan_Coleman

Gotcha! Here’s how…
    1- Enable “Hide Main Theme Nav”, “Add WordPress pages/menus”, “Add Buddypress components” and “Scroll with pages”.
    2 – Go to “Sizes & Position” and adjust the “Overall navbar width” to the width of your template.
    3 – Play around with “Vertical offset” and “Horizontal offset” until you get it positioned about where you want it.
    4 – Save settings.
    5 – Now go to “Appearance” > “Menus” and select the WP3 custom menu you want at “BP-WP-Navbar Menu 1”
    6 – Click “Save” at “Theme locations” and “Save menu”
    7 – Check your site and refresh a page.
    8 – Repeat, lather & rinse until you get it “just right”.
    9 – Have fun! :-)

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

ok, with the new installation i have a new community menu in the admin bar. in this menu there is only three subs activity, members and groups. now in the new “community” menu i see the “create” a group option in groups in my original “my account” i dont have the option to create a group but more subs (profile, settings, logout, albums and all there child pages. i hope you understand all that….

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

If i had any hair right now i swear id pull it all out…..can just delete everything and start from scratch? well everything but wordpress. my theme (suffusion) and all plugins? it says i need to create a child theme 1st….gotta figure out that 1 as well….im really sorry man. and you have been more then helpful. im just really new and just when i thought i knew something BANG!!! im smacked with the idiot feeling

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Ah yes, child themes are one of the MOST important things to learn when it comes to BP.
    Here’s a link to the codex tutorial:
    https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/building-a-buddypress-child-theme/

Could you post a link to your site? I could register there and see if I can help out.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

Saving Our Boys Society

WARNING!!! lol, i have put everything back to default and it looks a little crazy so this is why im trying to hurry and fix it all

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

i see a “buddymatic” theme says it comes with 2 ready child themes……..or should i stick to suffusion?

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

I just created an account on your site and was able to create a group just the way it’s supposed to be done (the “Create a group” button is in the Groups directory).
    Forums aren’t enabled yet on your site, are they? You can do that in your WP backend under “Buddypress” > “Forums Setup”.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

you used the “community” section right….i see the “community” and the “my account”. both listing the same things only the new “community” bulilt is the only 1 i can create a group in. but i guess that wint matter after i fix all this up

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

yeah i tried to fix the forum thing then it gave me issues which i posted in another support topic.

it tells me files not found

then i tried to go with the other option and followed the instructions (save files to bb-config.php) still nothing

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

In “Community”, I only see Activity, Members and Groups. In “My Account”, I see Activity, Profile, Messages, Friends, Groups, Albums, Settings, Logout (with appropriate subnavs). The Create a Group button is only seen in the Group directory (where it should be), but you can grab the code from groups/index.php and add it to other templates too if you prefer.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

Im really sorry im trying to help these kids and don’t really know anything ab0ut this website creating stuff i study, honestly, atleast 10 hours everyday. since sept 22 2010. I really want to make this site cool and haven’t got anywhere except downloading themes and plugins. plus im doing it all alone with out a clue. i more than appreciate all your advice and prompt responses. im sure you have more important things to do. im gonna stic my head back in these HTML & CSS teach your self books. Thanks again for everything really

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘buddypress bar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar