Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile-Specific Ads in BuddyPres?

• Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to customize the ads that appear on individual members’ profiles in BuddyPress? Assuming I use a plugin to display AdSense for example, or Amazon Affiliate links, can these be tailored either:

1) Individually by the administrator or members?
    2) Automatically, based on information provided in users’ profiles?

If anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Oh, and I was also wondering if it is possible to substitute the word ‘Member’/’Members’ for anything else in the BuddyPress plugin, such as ‘Students’ or ‘Profiles’? In particular, I refer to the tab in most templates which gives access to the list of ‘Members’.

I would also like to know if there is any way of removing the sign-in box from the main pages of the site and creating a dedicated sign-in page?

Many thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

You should ask these as two separate threads:

For adverts – I suggest the following:

Build your child theme with ad zones (perhaps as widgets in sidebars). Use OpenX or Google Adserver to manage your ads, and integrate the codes appropriately.

You can put any logic you like into your child theme templates to make decisions on which advert to display. Of course, this isn’t trivial, otherwise Google wouldn’t put invest so much time and resource building Adsense! If you use Adsense (or equivalent) code snippets, they will automatically display adverts based on the content in the user’s profiles.

Yes, you can modify the words. See this article: https://codex.buddypress.org/how-to-guides/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/

Fantastic, thank you. Apologies for not posting as separate threads.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Profile-Specific Ads in BuddyPres?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar