Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Too Many Redirects (I can’t access or edit member profiles)

• Swagg Star
    Participant

@swaggstar

Good Evening,

Since I updated my buddypress I cannot access member profiles including my own. Every time I try to access my profile, messages, change avatar, etc, I get this message: “Safari can not open the page. Too many redirects occurred trying to open ” http://www.swaggstar.com/members//daypowell|”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to another page which then is redirected to open the original page.”

None of my members can access their profiles to change their avatar, check messages, add friends, etc. Please help. I have new members signing up everyday.
    My website domain is http://www.SwaggStar.com and the link to my profile page is http://www.swaggstar.com/members/daypowell. I have uninstalled and reinstalled buddypress numerous times. I have also disable other plug ins to make sure there was not a conflict.
    If you go to my page and click on one of the member profiles on the right sidebar you will get the message described above. However, when I click on member profiles from a windows pc (internet Explorer), nothing ever happens. It trys to connect but eventually says Internet Explorer cant open the page.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Have you deactivated all other BuddyPress plugins and custom code snippets? If so, try adding this code snippet to your wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php:

`remove_action( ‘bp_template_redirect’, ‘bp_redirect_canonical’, 2 );`

This will remove the canonical redirect hook that might be causing you some issues.

moneyplusprofit@yahoo.com

@moneyplusprofityahoocom

hello i jumping on peoples tgs is the only way i can tal on here but ive got a nice tip for u ray if u can help me get my buddy press private community working

Swagg Star
    Participant

@swaggstar

I have deactivated all plug ins and reactivated them one at a time… But it did not fix the problem. Can I just copy and past that code to the wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php file/folder? I am not a programer and only know the basics. Would I go to my wordpress appearance/editor and paste this code. Or would I have to go through filezilla?

Swagg Star
    Participant

@swaggstar

That solved the problem and everything seems to be working fine. I just copied and pasted that code in the buddypress/bp-loader.php file and it worked… Thank you!!!. I would’ve never known to do that… Thanks times a million

rodtrent
    Participant

@rodtrent

@swaggstar Where in BP-Loader.php did you place the file? I’m having the same issue and have been since 1.6.x released.

Swagg Star
    Participant

@swaggstar

I simply went to the buddypress/bp-loader.php file and pasted the code below at the end of the file…

Try adding this code snippet to your wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php:
    remove_action( ‘bp_template_redirect’, ‘bp_redirect_canonical’, 2 );

This will remove the canonical redirect hook that might be causing you some issues.

rodtrent
    Participant

@rodtrent

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

rodtrent
    Participant

@rodtrent

Interesting that it wouldn’t work in bp-custom, but had to be placed in bp-loader.

adamjd
    Participant

@adamjd

Didn’t work on this end. Tried both locations.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Too Many Redirects (I can’t access or edit member profiles)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar