Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

With the enhanced widget how to get just avatar to show

• landlord
    Participant

@rhuslandlord

Rather than just seeing the avatar for the members or with just a user name for newist/active/popular it also displays the user name and time and date info like this:
    Member avatar
    First Last
    active 2 days, 5 hours ago
    The avatars then are stacked and overlaying with the info rather than a simple matrix of the avatar images that would look like a rubics cube (analogy). You can see at ourhus.com what I’m talking about. Any ideas whats wrong I can’t find a setting in the widget to control the extra info. Yes, I’m a newbie. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

You are missing CSS to make that look right. The extra info is coded into the widget so you cant really get rid of the username unless you change the code. What about using the recently active members widget? like

>

landlord
    Participant

@rhuslandlord

OK. Thanks. Don’t mind the username so much as the additional info. Was trying to see which php was pulling that so as to not have it show up. If it will and the CSS can format it out what would the correct object and syntax be? I’ll just dump the extended widgets for now and use the recently active but would still like to know. Thanks.

landlord
    Participant

@rhuslandlord

OK .. deactivated the enhanced widgets plugin and activated the recently active widget. But they still are lining up one under another instead of in a matrix format (ie couple across by a few down aka 4×3, 4×2, etc).

thekmen
    Participant

@thekmen

@rhuslandlord try adding #sidebar .avatar { float: left; } to your style.css

landlord
    Participant

@rhuslandlord

Added that to the main sidebars area, see below. Still stacking on top of each other rather then fill right then drop to next row.

/* Main sidebars */
    #main .widget-area ul {
    margin-left: 0;
    padding: 0 20px 0 0;
    }
    #main .widget-area ul ul {
    border: none;
    margin-left: 1.3em;
    padding: 0;
    }
    #sidebar .avatar { float: left;
    }
    #primary {
    }
    #secondary {
    }

Thanks though. Will try tackling it again tomorrow. Need sleeeeeeeeep!

landlord
    Participant

@rhuslandlord

Still have the avatars stacking below each other rather than across and down. I thought perhaps it was due to the “twentyten” theme so I reverted back to the default BP theme but they still stack below each other. Since the float left was added and they still stack below, my thought is that while no info is showing to the right of the avatar, the space is possibly occupied by something can’t see. The avatars are small enough that at least 2 should fit side by side so that seems to be a possibility. Any other suggestions on how to T.S. or fix this? Thanks in advance?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘With the enhanced widget how to get just avatar to show’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar