Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1.5 beta 2. Multisite. Should there be a BuddyPress component directory for members blogs/sites ?

• valuser
    Participant

@valuser

In the set-up page tab ‘Pages’ there is the following:-
    Directories
    Associate a WordPress Page with each BuddyPress component directory.
    Activity Streams
    Discussion Forums
    User Groups
    Members
    then registration.

In previous versions of BP there also was a blog directory with a list of members’ blogs/sites and a visit blog button.

Is this an omission -deliberate or otherwise- or have I installed incorrectly (again) ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Go to Dashboard > BuddyPress > Components. Do you have the blogs component turned on? (And, just to double check, are you running Multisite?)

valuser
    Participant

@valuser

Am running multisite
    Have bp on blog 2 define ( ‘BP_ROOT_BLOG’, 2 ); in wp-config

the tab ‘Pages’ in Dashboard > BuddyPress > Components on blog 2 has no mention of a blogs directory

earlier in the Dashboard Network admin there was a warning

“Some of your WordPress pages are linked to BuddyPress Components that are disabled: ok, one ore time. Repair” pressed button . this seemed to redirect me to BuddyPress Components on blog 1 which had the same set-up in the tab ‘Pages’
    (i did have 1.29 on this site)

Directories
    Associate a WordPress Page with each BuddyPress component directory.
    Activity Streams
    Discussion Forums
    User Groups
    Members
    then registration.
    no mention of a Blog Directory ?
    (just posted from another blog (id8) and it was picked up by the activity stream)

If this is not replicated in your setups then i must have installed incorrectly and thats ok please say so as i don’t want to waste your time.

just testing this out the version im using is trunk 4932

valuser
    Participant

@valuser

site tracking is turned on.

valuser
    Participant

@valuser

Just to confirm all is well. Apology for wasting your time. installed beta 2-4940 on another multisite install and the installation etc went smoothly – there is a blogs directory.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5 beta 2. Multisite. Should there be a BuddyPress component directory for members blogs/sites ?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar