Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1 hour delay in activation e-mail! how to disable mail activation at all?

• cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

Good morning :) I tried to make test users on my website after many friendly reports that sign up doesn’t work, and found out that the e-mail is usually sent at time from 45 minutes to 1 hour! what can be the reason for that?

and the important thing for me, how to disable mail activation at all if I don’t really need it ( not just cause of the problem, but I won’t need it practically on my website. any trusted solution? ( preferably not a plugin, Is there some code edits can achieve this)?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

no way to disable the activations e-mail at all?

enderandrew

@enderandrew

Theme My Login can do this, but you said preferably not a plugin. I don’t know another way to do it personally, but someone else may.

Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

” ( preferably not a plugin, Is there some code edits can achieve this)?”

It’s basically the same thing.
    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-disable-activation/

And your emails not getting sent out in time is a server setting.

enderandrew

@enderandrew

The email delay could be your mailsender, it could be the receiver, or anything in between. Most of the time email is relatively instant, except the times when it isn’t.

cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

@andrea_r the reason I have plugins phobia is when I find plugin like this that was last edited a year ago :) however I came over my phobia and installed this plugin, it worked as supposed, but get the user back to the home without giving any message saying successful registration ( the auto login after registration doesn’t work, perhaps cause plugin wasn’t updated, ) so you have any idea how to make this redirect to custom page I will create to say” you have successfully became a member of our holy website, without even touching your e-mail ) lol sorry for this funny side, I’m just happy today :)

cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

@enderandrew the messages are being sent after two or three hours now, seems that what happens when you were crazy enough to be a member of [god-help-me] GoDaddy! :)

enderandrew

@enderandrew

You can check the time stamps of the emails to get an idea of when the mailsender sent them. That might give you a better idea if it is your mailsender on the server, or something else delaying the emails.

cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

well, I think I will really back to my phobia of plugins! this plugin just ripped me of 20 $ of google adwords advertising my website, and it caused any user who tried to sign up with creating blog in registration to tell them please check your activation e-mail! (theopposite of what it should do!) and this time it’s not sending e-mails at all even after long time because the plugin did it’s job at this side only!

“”” preferably not a plugin, Is there some code edits can achieve this? “””

you can see I said that for a reason…so back to where I was…

anybody know how to change this without a plugin? it should be a basic feature like in phpbb or coppermine to choose weather to activate your users by mail or immediately let them log in…
    last hope, perhaps @boonebgorges , @johnjamesjacoby can help about that?

enderandrew

@enderandrew

I’m not sure what plugin you used, or how it cost you $20.

The problem with code edits is that they’ll be overwritten when you update.

I use Theme My Login. It doesn’t cost a penny, and also makes your login/register pages look like your site instead of the generic WordPress login page. And you can control activation, etc.

There is also a premium plugin (you can sign-up for Buddydev.com for $30 and get access to lots of great Buddypress plugins and themes)

BuddyPress Auto Activate Auto Login

cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

I just did many testing after sending godaddy a message and they said it’s not of their side, I installed phpbb on my buddypress host for that matter, and tried to see how it send activation message, and for my amazement, it sent it right the second I clicked register! I tried notification message ( which being sent about 1 hour late as well by buddypress) and in phpbb topic reply notifaction it arrived in moment as well.

so I can really say that the problem is at buddypress side, I appreciate the whole work done on it though :) i will try to find some solution, perhaps @enderandrew I will try theme my login now.

cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

@enderandrew

ERROR: The module “user-moderation/user-moderation.php” could not be activated (User Moderation is not currently compatible with multisite.).

This is not my solution so, as I said above, it;s a multisite :) I just wish there was some simple and magic line of code that will erase this nightmare for me :)

enderandrew

@enderandrew

@cupid4 Sorry, I don’t run multi-site so I hadn’t tested for that.

Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

“well, I think I will really back to my phobia of plugins! this plugin just ripped me of 20 $ of google adwords advertising my website, and it caused any user who tried to sign up with creating blog in registration to tell them please check your activation e-mail! (theopposite of what it should do!) and this time it’s not sending e-mails at all even after long time because the plugin did it’s job at this side only!”

I actually tested this plugin last week – it worked for me and did none of the things you mentioned.

cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

@Andrea_r you tested it with multisite?

Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

on single, but I can;t see how it would do things with adwords just because multsite was on.

cupid4
    Participant

@cupid4

@Andrea_r the thing is, if you tried to register a new user and (with it ) register a blog name on the multisite, this plugin is dead! not there at all, it give the user the normal ” you need activate by mail message ” and this time the message never go for user cause of the plugin! got the story?
    in meanwhile, I’m really going crazy for this problem, hola :)

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘1 hour delay in activation e-mail! how to disable mail activation at all?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar