Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

All blogs not showing up in blogs directory

• johfra03
    Participant

@johfra03

I am running WP MU 2.9.2 with Buddypress 1.2.4.1. When I log in as my test user who has set up a new blog, it does not show any blogs at all in the blogs directory, including theirs. It only shows their blogs under “my blogs”. However, hen I am logged in as the admin, I am able to see all the blogs. The main point of my site is to have a place where by students can create blogs and we can all see them in one site. Help! I purposely haven’t updated to WP 3.0 because I thought at first this may be the issue. I have privacy as “not viewable to search engines”.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

The “not viewable to search engines” is probably causing the problem. Try switching it to public and see if it solves the problem.

johfra03
    Participant

@johfra03

Yes, that did it. Are there any other options available? I installed More Privacy Options plugin (after going ahead and upgrading to 3.0) but that doesn’t help. I suppose I want my student bloggers to create their own private blog that isn’t going to hit search engines, but their blog is able to be viewed on the “blog list” and activity stream for those who are logged in registered users. Want the best of both worlds! Any thoughts on where I could look in the code or create a plugin to over-ride this set up?

thecorkboard
    Participant

@thecorkboard

+1

I’ve got a client who needs private blogs (to hide from the scary google robots) but a public directory.

~Kyle~

If you go to /buddypress/bp-blogs/bp-blogs-classess.php and along line 80 you’ll see:

`if ( !is_user_logged_in() || ( !is_super_admin() && ( $user_id != $bp->loggedin_user->id ) ) )
    $hidden_sql = “AND wb.public = 1”;`

If you change it to:
    `if ( !is_user_logged_in() || ( !is_super_admin() && ( $user_id != $bp->loggedin_user->id ) ) )
    /****Adjusted value to display any blogs that do not require logging in to view. (Original value = 1)****/
    $hidden_sql = “AND wb.public > -1”;`

It will show any blog that doesn’t require a login. You can change the -1 to what every level of privacy you want.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘All blogs not showing up in blogs directory’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar