Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

All the texts are turned white in buddypress default theme in IE

• bg

@sobuddy

I don’t know why after I have changed the theme from frisco theme to bp-default theme all the texts are turned white in window explorer?! So, I can’t see the texts but the links in blue color. Anybody knows how to fix it please. Beforehand Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Not enough detail to be able to help you with.

You will need to provide a link so someone can actually see what’s happening.

bg

@sobuddy

Hi, thanks for your prompt response! Here’s the link: http://buddygalaxy.com. I can’t seem to find a solution to change the text color in the body, even though I have created a child theme to modify the css. But, still no luck.

And, I want to change the title text color to white, I don’t know how either? I went to header section under appearance where there is an option to change the title color, but after I have selected white color nothing has changed?

The reason you are having problems is due to mal-formed markup, if markup is broken then rendering engines have to make best guesses at how to render a DOM that makes sense to it and then try and apply what CSS properties it can .

Your immediate problem – the white text – is due to your header elements being unclosed. You have two unclosed elements in the <div id=”header”> block this means that the parser has to guess at what makes sense and it sees the last unclosed div and then takes the closing header tag and applies it to that last child div, the result is that #header is still actually open any properties it has are inherited if that’s their aspect to all further elements until the parser can find a suitable closing div thus the rule color: #fff; applied to #header is filtering through.

Finish off the two inner divs in #header with correct closing tags and the colour for the majority of body text will return to bp-default body colour.

bg

@sobuddy

Thank you very much Hugo for your help. When you mentioned, “You have two unclosed elements in the div id=”header” block”, in which file you were talking about? I tried to look in bp-default/header.php, bp-default/index.php, and in my child theme’s header.php that I have created, but I couldn’t find the two unclosed elements as you said? Could you please specify: in which file you have found the two unclosed elements, so I could fix it? Beforehand Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘All the texts are turned white in buddypress default theme in IE’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar