Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Allow comments in user profiles.

• enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

Is there something I can do to add comments for user profiles. Other than simply adding the comment template to the profile-loop what do I need to do to make the comments correspond?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

bump!

enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

3rd times a charm =)

Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

afraid it would probably take a fair bit more work than just moving template files in, why would you want people commenting on others profiles though, personally I would have though most users would not want this happening.

Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

First of all, I guess that’s what the personal activity stream is for. Anyways, comments are linked to post ids and members are (not yet? maybe never? who knows…) not a custom post type yet.

You could probably create a new activity type and add that to the profile. Seems to be the easiest, I guess, although I don’t really see the point.

Mary Jane

@jasonbrodbeckcom

Thats exactly what im doing on

http://jbsocial.com/

If you register and goto someones “Shout outs” thats what it is just renamed.
    I use bp-wire

enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

My members are artists that post music and videos all which are shown on an elaborate profile so I want to give people the chance to comment on the artists collection much like youtube does with channels or deviantart does with their profiles. I guess you have to know the theme of a site to better understand why they would want to use certain components but there are uses for everything.

Paul Wong-Gibbs
    Keymaster

@djpaul

This will be practically impossible to do with comments. You’ll need to get the Activity component to do this for you, as the others have said.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Allow comments in user profiles.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar