Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress activity not coming though

• The activity steam for BuddyPress doesn’t seem to be pulling my bbpress topics and such. I used an existing bbpress install, which is integrated with Mu’s cookies and database with is all working fine. I used BuddyPress’s Forums Setup to integrate the 2 together which was successful, and bb-config-location seems to be correct. If anyone has have any suggestions I’m all ears.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • for posts made within a group or outside the buddypress context?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@AMJCraft – That’s to be expected. If it’s not a BP group forum post, the post will not be added to the activity stream, although if you’re using a deep integrated install of bbPress, it’s possible to add these non-BP posts to the stream.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

@r-a-y how i can add the bbpress standalone deepintegrated in the stream?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@arturo84 – Use BuddyPress’ own insert activity function – bp_activity_add() available in /bp-activity.php as either a bbPress plugin or a code snippet in your bbPress theme’s functions.php.

You’ll need to hook into the right actions in bbPress. You’ll probably want to hook it to when a new topic is created and when a new reply is made. I don’t have these actions at the top of my head, but this should give you enough to go on.

[EDIT]
    Something I forgot to mention is if you’re using your bbPress install in conjunction with BP’s group forums, you’ll probably also want to omit posts that belong in the group forum’s category ID, which in most cases is category ID #1. Why? Because you might get duplicate forum post entries in the activity stream.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

@r-a-y thanks for your reply i’ve a custom table for bbpress standalone is the same for duplicate forum posts?

atm i don’t have time to make a plugin… anyone interested?

Did anyone make a plugin for this? Definitely needed! If I knew how to code I would make one. Lol. ;)

Found someone with an answer. Be sure to say thanx if you use it. ;)
    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-manual-activity-stream-integration?replies=2#post-97340

Works like a charm! :D

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘bbpress activity not coming though’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar