Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress setup through buddypress plugin?

• Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

I just recently installed bbpress, with the option from buddypress and for some reason when i go to modify anything bbpress related i get errors.
    My installation details:
    Wordpress:2.9.1
    Buddypress: from the wp site
    Theme: Buddypress default

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • What kind of errors? The error itself may help :)

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

These errors

Theme
    Warning: require_once(/home/milleja4/domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/blog//forums/bb-admin/admin-functions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/milleja4/domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-admin/bbpress-theme-admin.php on line 86
    Then in bbpress settings:

<form class="options" method="post" action="
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_option() in /home/milleja4/domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-admin/bbpress-options-admin.php on line 38

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@milleja46 – You’re trying to do an external bbPress install, is that what you want? Did you want to use the internal forums built-in with BuddyPress?

And also, disable that bbpress-admin plugin.

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

No i am trying to use the install that comes with buddypress, it messed up and gave me those errors. I guess it was that admin plugin. But does anyone know how to convert phpbb to bbpress db tables so i can move people over from my phpbb install on my site?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Okay so now that you have the bbpress-admin plugin disabled, are you able to install the forums normally via “BuddyPress > Forums setup”?
    https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/setting-up-a-new-installation/

Ask your question about PHPBB > bbPress over on the bbPress forums.

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

yes i am able to set it up, but and that question has alot of answers but not recent ones that might work with phpbb pL1, to convert the tables, i have already set buddypress up completly and have it fully functional, it’s the bbpress part of buddypress i have a question about

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Actually, you know what you might want to do is install bbPress externally, and use whatever bbPress import scripts exist out there.
    Then re-run “BuddyPress > Forum setup” when you’re ready to integrate it into BuddyPress and select the existing install option.

It might be wise to omit the forum setup from BuddyPress if you already have a large PHPBB forum post count.

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Ok, now i just need to import my phpbb db tables……but i can’t find a recent one that might work on the newest version of phpbb which is 3.0.7 pL1

I need to import milleja46games.frih.org/forums to the the bbpress

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

I’ll try it, good thing for backups! If all else fails i’ll go back to phpbb, if that is my resort i’ll have to find a way to import phpbb into wp…..but not there yet!

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Well, now i can’t login to bbpress, after following that converter………

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

I haven’t read the whole thread, but there are a bunch of users in that thread with the same problem.

I’d recommend posting in the bbPress thread I mentioned above. Maybe read through everything once more to ensure you’re using the right script.

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Well, we had to modify it a little for it to move stuff over, it moved posts over but not users which is weird…….

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Um, before i go any further should i change to wp mu or stay at the regular wp?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

“Ok, is there a addin to manage bbpress from buddypress so i can make all the sub-forums, and categories i need? I’ve got a add-on i from here called new bbpress admin, but how do i import everything through that into buddypress on wp?”

No there isn’t. If you need an admin panel, stick with an external install of bbPress.

Um, before i go any further should i change to wp mu or stay at the regular wp?

It doesn’t matter.

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Well how do i get the keys for wordpress so i can integrate? Also is there a guide with links to what i need for it, on how to setup bbpress so it can be used in wp with buddypress?

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Can someone please help me?

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Ok, i’m gonna update since i have made some major adjustments so i can get better help….
    Wp is installed on as my main part of my site now, i have buddypress installed, and bbpress installed. Now how do i intergrate them? Almost everything i find is for wpmu, and i have the regular version…..any help would be appreciated…..
    My site is milleja46games.frih.org

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Integrate what exactly?

WP with external bbPress?

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Integrate a external installation of bbpress. i have bbpress externally installed at milleja46games.frih.org/forums/ and i want to integrate it so i can see the forums, and categories exactly as they should be.

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Use this guide to integrate an external install of bbPress with WordPress:
    http://www.wpmods.com/integrate-wordpress-bbpress

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

will that bring my topics over when i go to import it through buddypress?

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

I guess to better get help, i kinda want it working like this site does, i want to integrate my external bbpress into my wp blog, and make them work together. I just want to get it set up right and working similar to this. If i have to convert to wpmu, i will, if that’s the only way to get this working, and have all my categories/sub-forums, integrated into wp, through bp…..

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

will that bring my topics over when i go to import it through buddypress?

No it won’t.

The integration guide above has nothing to do with BuddyPress. It allows you to integrate WordPress with an external install of bbPress (users, single sign-on).

If you want to integrate your external bbPress install with BuddyPress. Login to the WP backend, under “BuddyPress > Forum Setup”, choose existing install.
    Then, you’d have to create a group and enable a forum for that group. Next, you’d have to manually bring in those topics via PHPMyAdmin.

Read the beginning and end of this post for more details:
    http://dev.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2009/12/06/upgrading-from-buddypress-1-0-to-1-1/

i kinda want it working like this site does, i want to integrate my external bbpress into my wp blog, and make them work together

This site doesn’t use an external bbPress install anymore.

If i have to convert to wpmu, i will, if that’s the only way to get this working, and have all my categories/sub-forums, integrated into wp, through bp…..

Like I said above, it doesn’t make a difference what version of WordPress you are using.

Josh
    Participant

@milleja46

Does the groups mean users, or disscusions? I want to set this up right, and kinda want it like i had stuff setup when i was using phpbb, where it was based on permissions, and roles, and you had certain, categories and subforums…..

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘BBpress setup through buddypress plugin?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar