Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Big issue with my menu, was suggested I post it here as well for some help..

• Okay, I sure could use some help on this one. I have (had) drop down menus working on my buddy press twenty ten theme with no problems. Working fine for weeks. Getting ready to launch my site, all the sudden all the sub menus just quit. I did try to install a plug-in and got a error around that time that it quit working but not sure if it was directly after that and if that had anything to do with it. Am I missing something? I did completely remove any recent plug-ins in case there was interference, no help.
    Facts: Now in IE8, I cant even drag the menu bar over to the right to indent it so it becomes a sub menu. I can on Google chrome however, the sub menus still do not appear.
    *The menu still has sub menus indented directly under them in the menu dashboard that do not appear(eg, it is how it was when it was working fine)
    *I tried making a test “new” menu with a sub menu with Google chrome, but does not show.

Site: http://www.boardcation.com
    Any help is appreciated, I want to get this resolved asap. Thank you

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BP doesn’t work with the newer WP 3.* Nav menus at least not at present release it will with the 1.3 release, so trying to puzzle what you have set up.

You have done something very odd with those links and managed to get non ansi characters in the link text how did you add the text, copy and paste from some app?

You need to some simple and basic trouble shooting here.

Disable custom theme what happens? disable BP revert to clean WP what happens? etc

Many of the linkss on the pages I would copy and paste directly into the page article I was writing. Could it be the links that are causing the conflict. The other links I just used the link editor to link things up. But heres the deal, even when I make a new menu with no links or anything still no drop down menu..
    I did disable BP,and every plug in..nothing

I did update my wordpress a few days ago, but the dropdowns worked fine after that..

Also: BP doesn’t work with the newer WP 3.* Nav menus at least not at present release it will with the 1.3 release, so trying to puzzle what you have set up”

Can you elaborate on that for me??

Thanks

bp-default theme – which admittedly you are not running – doesn’t use the newer WP menus system yet will do with 1.3 release.

Sadly with BP disabled and no drop downs working it’s hard to sat what’s the cause, not really sure why someone suggested you post here, this forum supports the BP core plugin and default theme with neither in operation your issue rests with the theme you are using or some change you made; what happens if you drop back to the WP default theme twentyten?

Here is what I just did, I deleted all the menus. Whats weird is all my pages show up top as links? So somewhere I have something set wrong??? Same thing if I go to the default twenty ten.

Any idea?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Big issue with my menu, was suggested I post it here as well for some help..’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar