Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Blog comment moderation forced

• daughterknight
    Participant

@daughterknight

Our Buddypress community allows only members to comment on blog posts, so comment moderation is turned off by default. Recently (I think after the last update) nearly all comments are getting held for moderation. All moderation settings are turned off in the settings of all the individual blogs. Normally the link limit is 3, but rarely does anyone post a link in a comment at all, but comments are still being held for moderation.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • when you say “comments are being held for moderation”… do you men, that when a user posts a comment, he gets the message, “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”…. if this is what you are referring to…. then the answer is as follows. If this is not the issue, then please clarify and i’ll try and help you out…
    Right… in the blog settings (Blog > Settings > Discussion), under the heading “Before a comment appears”… there are two checkboxes… one that says “An administrator must always approve the comment “, and another that says “Comment author must have a previously approved comment”… make sure both of these are NOT checked… the second one comes checked by default… this was the answer to my problem anyway.

discdemo
    Participant

@discdemo

Does anyone know how comments would slip by moderation in a buddypress environment, even when “an admin must always approve” is checked?  I tested a few comments in an activity feed and it posted without a hitch.

thx.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog comment moderation forced’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar