Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP Admin Bar in 1.5 is unchanged…

• Really quick question. In the v1.5 release notes I saw the statement ‘no more buddybar’ and I just watched John Jacoby’s presentation from Wordcamp, so I assumed that meant the admin bar would now look the same as the wp admin bar. I’ve installed a dev environment with bp1.5, bb2.0 and wp3.2.1 using the bpdefault theme and my buddypress admin bar looks the same as before.

My live site uses a custom function that I built, but I assumed I wouldn’t need to use this anymore. Both buddypress.org and testbp.org use the admin bar that I was expecting – could someone please confirm what I should be expecting?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• David Carson
    Participant

@davidtcarson

Add `define(‘BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR’, true);` to your `wp-config.php` file just above where it says “That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.”

I’ve managed to answer my own question. It’s necessary to add define(‘BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR’, true); to wp-config.php.

I heard we were ‘phasing in’ the wp-admin bar but to be honest I didn’t understand why it wasn’t just standard from the get-go.

Is there anything I need to watch out for, or is this because the admin bar in WP3.3 will behave slightly differently and you’re adding a patch before including this new admin bar as the default?

Thanks @davidtcarson I was literally typing up my own response when you posted yours. –;)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘BP Admin Bar in 1.5 is unchanged…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar