Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP components no show in secondary blogs

• imjscn
    Participant

@imjscn

BP is Network Activated in my root blog. I created a secondary blog today, using bp default theme. BP header/admin bar/navigation menu are all there, but when I click activities/groups/members/blogs, I get “Page not found”.
    Is there any additional settings I should do to make BP works in secondary blog?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• imjscn
    Participant

@imjscn

Maybe I misunderstand how BP network works? Maybe the correct concept is– BP community is in root blog and it tracks all activities in other blog? If it is so, how the other blogs click through to arrive the community?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Yes, you are right with your second assumption – they would typically click back to the main site through the little icon in the wp admin bar top right, or through a custom nav menu that you put in the secondary blogs.

It is better to use 2010 or other theme for the secondary blogs. Bp-default is intended for the maim site where bp is installed

imjscn
    Participant

@imjscn

Thanks!

Sofian J. Anom
    Participant

@lightcapturer

@imjscn — You can put BP on a secondary blog by adding define ( 'BP_ROOT_BLOG', $blog_id );, or in all blogs by adding define ( 'BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG', true );, into wp-config. However, by activating the BP at all blogs will make the blog posts on each blog will not appear in the activity.

For more can be found at https://codex.buddypress.org/buddypress-site-administration/changing-internal-configuration-settings

imjscn
    Participant

@imjscn

@Sofian J. Anom, thanks! This works perfect!
    It’s ok if blog post not in the activity– maybe I can find a Recent Post wedgit or something like that.

Sofian J. Anom
    Participant

@lightcapturer

@imjscn
    Edit: with the latest version of BP (1.2.6), the blog posts on the subblog now can appear on the activity, even though BP multiblog mode is active.

Naren00000

@naren00000

I have installed my secondary blog as a sub folder, Site is created but I am not able to apply bp theme for secondary blog. I am using two different theme one for main site and buddy press theme for secondary blog. I am not able to see dashboard to active theme for secondary blog. I think we need to add some thing to make the secondary blog dashboard. It only shows text and content but missing styling and dashboard with no style.

imjscn
    Participant

@imjscn

@Naren00000, for applying theme on secondary blogs, you need to go to Network Admin to Enable the theme first, then, go to the secondary blog’s Site Admin/Dashboard/Apearence/Themes to Activate the theme.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘BP components no show in secondary blogs’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar