Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bp_last_activity in bbpress standalone deep integrated

• Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

hi, i want to use the fuction bp_last_activity to show the latest activity on a bbpress standalone installation and deep integrated i’ve tried with bp_last_activity( bp_displayed_user_id() ) but it show “not recently active”… how can i solve this?

i want the same on this forum to understand.

thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

a little bump, sorry ;)

Do not bump your post after ~16 hours. 48 hours, sure, 16, no.

you may need to do something like bpGroups which sends an xmlrpc request to BP and updates the activity.

Windhamdavid
    Participant

@windhamdavid

@auturo Since I see you and others are posting some new questions in the forum about bbpress integration. perhaps ya’ll should follow Boones’ lead on it regarding (whether to maintain an external installation of bbPress or migrate over). https://buddypress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-integration-after-bp-upgrade I believe the groundwork for what you need to know is here.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

@windhamdavid: thanks for your reply, I have no problems of integration with a standalone version of bbpress, or use certain features of BP on bbPress, but simply show the activity time of a user’s like “active 2minutes, 4seconds ago” in bbpress just as it is on this forum.

now what I want to do is clear? i know, my english is bad… ;)

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

no one can help me? Andy or mods can tell me how to have “active 12 hours, 12 minutes ago” on the forum? thanks!

Windhamdavid
    Participant

@windhamdavid

Arturo ~ It isn’t exactly that simple and this question is more appropriate for in the BBpress forums since you’re working with a standalone BBpress install. Have you investigated this bbpress plugin? The code you’re referring to for bp is bp_member_last_active() & bp_get_member_last_active() in bp-core/bp-core-templatetags/ (#250) it requires the global $members_template from within BP and the bp-forums-templatetags. I don’t have the time to investigate a full solution but I went to the effort of testing a couple functions this morning inside of a standalone for you to see if I could come up with an easy solution, but there isn’t one at the moment other than using the functions inside of _ck_’s members online but you may be sacrificing future compatibility in doing so.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

thanks for the reply windhamdavid, but… i’ve a different idea that I don’t know how to practice…

the function bp_last_activity() need bp_displayed_user_id() i think it’s the buddypress user’s id… right?

so, if I can figure out how to pass the user ID of who writes the post I have solved, right?

bp_last_activity( post_author_id() ) not work… post_author_id() simple print the user id…

help me please… thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘bp_last_activity in bbpress standalone deep integrated’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar