Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress 1.3 trunk and bbPress 2

• pinkdreambox
    Participant

@pinkdreambox

Tries to setup a test site using BuddyPress 1.3 and bbPress 2, but the forum in BuddyPress did not work, so I uploaded bbPress from BuddyPress 1.2.9’s bp-forums folder to my BuddyPress 1.3 forum folder.

Seems to be working for creating Group and forum topics, but when try to post reply to a forum topic, I will get “Page not found” and the url will look like example.com/club/club/groups/testgroup/forum/testtopic

My test site’s url should be example.com/club only, and I believe the extra club in the url is causing the error.

Hope the BuddyPress community can give me some help.

Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

How did you get the BP trunk? Did you download it via svn?

pinkdreambox
    Participant

@pinkdreambox

Hi Boone,

I download BP 1.3 trunk from https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk.

Is it the right place to get the nightly release?

Thanks for the reply.

Bage
    Participant

@bagerathan

Yes that is the right place for the buddypress, but you have to get bbPress standalone version 1.0.3 instead of the plugin version.

Fee
    Participant

@wdfee

On http://testbp.org/ bbpress 2.0 is used. I’d like to change to the plugin version, too.
    Maybe a little stupid question, but I’m not sure about it: Do I have to drop the content of bbpress-folder in buddypress and install the new bbpress plugin version via wordpress plugin installation? (So that it’s in the plugins folder, not in buddypress)
    In my case I don’t have to care about data, because I’m still testing and there are no real discussions. But for the others it maybe interesting: Will the forum data be catched by the new install?

Fee
    Participant

@wdfee

By the way: If I click on “Edit” here in my own topic, there’s a “Page not found”…

BuddyPress has no support for bbPress 2.0 yet

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘BuddyPress 1.3 trunk and bbPress 2’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar