Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bug: BuddyPress to WordPress profile syncing broken

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

Ok, we’ve found another bug. We’re running BP 1.2.1 and WPMU 2.9.2 on our site. We’re using the default theme bundled with BP 1.2.1 and are displaying the “sitewide activity” option on the front page.

When we place the “Members” widget in the sidebar it only displays some of the user’s display names correctly. More precisely, for some users it displays their “username” while for others it shows their “display name”.

But everywhere else on the site their “display names” are always shown, which is what we want. But why isn’t this happening on the “Members” Widget? Logging in as some of the users I see that in their WordPress dashboard profile that their nickname hasn’t been changed at all.

If I change their nickname from the wordpress dashboard then it displays correctly on the “Members” widget. But changing the “display name” in Buddypress doesn’t always change the “nickname” back in WordPress.

But then I log in as another user and now even changing their publicly displayed name in the WordPress Dashboard doesn’t change their “display name” in their Buddypress profile.

So there’s some inherent problem with the Buddypress/Wordpress profile syncing.

And yes, I’ve checked that the “Disable BuddyPress to WordPress profile syncing?” option in the Dashoboard “Buddypress” >> “General Settings” is marked to “No”.

Any help? Is this trac-worthy?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: BuddyPress to WordPress profile syncing broken’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar