Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

can I change (and how…) the word ”home” in the nav tabs? (in according to SEO)

• alcina22
    Participant

@alcina22

Hi, in according to SEO (cfr. this link for ex.: http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/optimise-your-home-tab-text-for-better-seo )
    I would change the word Home with something more descriptive my own site.

I see the code related to the nav tab Home, if I’m right is:
    a href=”?php echo site_url() ?” title=”?php _e( ‘Home’, ‘buddypress’ ) ?”?php bp_site_name() ?/a>

I don’t know php, so my question is:
    can I safely change ‘Home’ in the string?
    with no problems? or there is another way, maybe?

Thank you in advance for your help! :)
    alcina

P.S. I’m sorry, I cut the brackets because the code don’t appear… I tried also with the code tag but nothing…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • ‘Home’ or ‘Index’ are two very accepted conventions in web sites denoting as they do the domain site root or initial main page, I doubt you will gain much in SEO terms from changing them, often there is too much emphasis placed on suppossed SEO enhancements.

However if you must di it :) then read through this page for a better understanding oof the approaches you could take:
    https://codex.buddypress.org/how-to-guides/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/

But yes you could change the string as seen in the main header.php nav

alcina22
    Participant

@alcina22

thank you hnla for you kind answer! and for the link too, interesting :)
    I think you have right it’s not very important the home-seo-thing! but, I have yet a custom header.php in my theme, so maybe I’ll change the string… now you have reassured me, and try costs nothing ;)

thank you again, ciao!
    alcina

IAMTHELAB
    Participant

@faberuna

I just want to add my site name in the tab but not have the name shoe up in my header. How do I do that?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@faberuna … you’ll need to edit your header.php file.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘can I change (and how…) the word ”home” in the nav tabs? (in according to SEO)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar