Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t upload avatar image

• Hello there!

I am trying to change my avatar image (I have never upload something, I have a preselected) through the buddypress site, however when I am trying to upload an image I get this message:
    Upload Failed! Error was: Unable to create directory /home/buddypress/public_html/wpmu/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/avatars/6355600. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

Am I doing something wrong or this is a silly question?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• afritech
    Participant

@afritech

I think you need to run CHMOD on the parent directory to something like 755

I have only used wordpress standalone + BP though. But worth a try.

zenseeker
    Participant

@zenseeker

@Angelos Konstantinidis Do you mean on this buddypress.org? I get the same error on this site. Anyone addressing this? We can’t change any persmissions on this site. Thanks.

We’re aware of the unable to change avatar issue on this website, and it is in hand. If, like the original poster’s message, you get the original message on an install of BuddyPress, check the directory owner/permissions.

Meerblickzimmer
    Participant

@meerblickzimmer

Well, i try also to change my avatar on buddypress.org an get this error:

Upload Failed! Error was: Unable to create directory /home/buddypress/public_html/wpmu/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/avatars/146228. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

mickel.langeveld

@mickellangeveld

I want to change Avatar too, And I need it desperately!!!!!!!! Look at my avatar! Who gives help?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t upload avatar image’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar