Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Category Templates not Working with buddypress

• enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

Is there any reason why the “Category Templates” plugin wouldn’t work with a buddypress installation. I’ve tested the plugin on a regular wordpress site and it works fine but when using it on my buddypress site it doesn’t recognize the single post templates I assign with the plugin. Does this have something to do with using a child theme to the default bp theme. Does anyone have a clear formula for using custom post templates for a category with a bp site? Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

Also let me add that I need the templates automatically assigned because my users post from the front end and dont have the option to choose a template like a few other plugins offer.

enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

Ive tried 3 different tutorials and nothing seems to help. I know someone probably knows how to do this and I would really like this to be the one out of 10 topics I actually get a response to.

enderpal444
    Participant

@enderpal444

Solved. No thanks to this forum.

Now for anyone with same question. Use a plugin called “Category Templates”. Open the php and add this to the beginning.

// Set constant for current theme directory
    $dirname = get_stylesheet_directory();
    define(‘STYLESHEETPATH’, $dirname . ‘/’);

Then edit lines 134 and 135 by changing to ‘TEMPLATEPATH’ to ‘STYLESHEETPATH’ on both lines.

That worked for me.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Templates not Working with buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar