Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing wording in .buddypress.pot…having difficulties

• dantheman50_98

@dantheman50_98

Hi There,

I’m trying to change the word ‘post’ to ‘poem’ across the buddypress site I created, by changing the buddypress.pot file. Well I’ve created a file called buddypress-en_UK.po and buddypress-en_UK.mo with these changes, using the poedit program. Then I uploaded these to the wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages folder, but it hasn’t had any effect whatsoever. I tried also replacing the buddypress.pot file by renaming the buddypress-en_UK.po file to buddypress.pot and uploading that,but it didn’t work either.
    Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
    Dan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

create file in your plugins folder called bp-custom.php then add the following code:

<?php
    if ( file_exists( WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/buddypress//bp-languages/buddypress-en_UK.mo' ) ) {

load_textdomain( 'buddypress', WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/buddypress//bp-languages/buddypress-en_UK.mo' );
    }
    ?>

dantheman50_98

@dantheman50_98

Oh great, that’s done it nicely. Thanks! I’ve now created a .mo file from the tdomf.pot file that comes with the tdo mini forms plugin to make further wording changes to the plugin, so do I add some extra code to this bp-custom.php file in order to get that working also?
    Cheers,
    Dan

modemlooper

@modemlooper

You load that file as well

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing wording in .buddypress.pot…having difficulties’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar